Last sunday, I turned 22 and I just felt the need to share a little bit of the things that I gained over my 22 years of life on this planet.
Here are 22 Things To Do Before You Turn 22:
- Laugh as much as possible.
- Believe in yourself and surround yourself with people who will lift you up and not bring you down just for the sake of it -Wink, wink-
- Learn to trust yourself. You don’t have to make good decisions all the time.
- Don’t be afraid to dream big. Do your level best to find what you want to do, don’t think about it, don’t care about what others think. DO IT… Dreams DO come true 😀
- Make friends and keep in touch with them, remind them you’re there for them no matter what but at the same time, don’t be scared to turn your back and walk away from people who hurt you or bring you down constantly ! It’s YOUR life and you have the right to be as happy as you can be.
- Tell your parents, grandparents, family and friends that you love them more often.
- Do something completely unlike you from once and a while just don’t scream YOLO before doing it.
- Be yourself and embrace your weirdness.I’m weird because I was a vegetarian for 3 years, I’m weird because I don’t mind talking to a stranger and not pre-judge that he or she could be a thief or a serial killer, I’m weird because I don’t like to watch TV, I’m weird because sometimes I talk to a camera and upload videos on Youtube, I’m weird because I go all in to making my dreams a reality but I’m not going to lie: I learned to love being me and to embrace my weirdness and it feels good.
- When an opportunity presents itself, grab it and happy dance.
- Take as many pictures as you can. I assure you’ll cherish the memories one day.
- Stand up for your religion, your country, your rights, yourself and your beloved ones.
- Verbal and physical violence don’t resolve anything. Peace and love are the key to a better life -No matter how cliché that may sound-
- Occasionally see the glass as half-full… Life is all about how you handle those roller coasters 😀
- Travel with friends to a foreign country.
- Don’t grow up too fast. You will eventually so stay young at heart FOREVER 😀
- Be afraid of no man. Be fearless, hold your head up high and do whatever makes YOU happy !
- Find that girl/ boy/ teacher who used to tease you in elementary school and knock the crap out of him/ her ! Just kidding.
- Give back to your community. Whether it’s participating in a campus to learn more about human rights, or spending some times playing with kids in an association, you’ll have an awesome time and feel really, really good about yourself afterwards.
- Donate blood and if you think it is scary, imagine being the person who needs it during a blood shortage. And if that’s not enough, there are cookies 😀
- Don’t feel guilty or ashamed of something you do
or listen to.There’s no such thing as a guilty pleasure. I enjoy listening to some Justin Bieber and One Direction songs… So what ? #FacePalm
- Hug a tree, lay on the grass, stare at the stars, stay awake until you see the sunrise… Love planet Earth !
- Express what you think in the way that suits you the most. Whether it’s talking, writing, singing 😀