This is the first interview you guys are going to read on « According to Hind » and it is with the super talented photographer Ali Berrada.
And, for all of you out there who live under a rock and still don’t know him, trust me, this is your chance to get to know Ali and discover his amazing work.
The vision and creativity Ali has for Photography is just particular. His style is definitely distinctive from what I’ve ever seen and his 783 fans obviously love it…
“Just want to stop time and take an instant moment that last forever” that’s how Ali Berrada’s Biography starts on his website : AliBerrada.com which is a UNIVERSE of art I recommand you to check right after reading the WHOLE interview.
You can see his passion for photography in each image because as he mentioned, ‘Every picture has a story behind it’.
And if you think taking pictures is all he can do, you are wrong.
Because besides photography and making mind blowing videos, Ali writes beautiful poems, does interviews himself and publishes wonderful articles.
And when I saw his work for the first time, I knew it was time for my first interview EVER…
So without any further ado, I’m honoured to have him on ‘According to Hind’ and I hope you all enjoy it.
Hi Ali. Thanks for joining me on According to Hind. It’s a real pleasure to feature you for my very first interview…
First, thank you for the interview and your support.
1. Can you tell us a little about yourself?
My name is Ali Berrada, 24 years old and I’m born in Casablanca. When I was 18, I decided to study in France something called « Business ». I just gratuated this year and I’m back to my beautiful country Morocco.
2. How did you first get into photography?
I went to Japan in 2009, I bought my first DSLR there, but since I was a child, I always liked taking photos not the ones of parties but also real snaps.
3. Can you recall the first picture you’ve taken that made you go WOW ?
I don’t really remember, all I can say is that was in Akchour, I brought my Compact there, took pictures and said ‘I love photography’…
4. How long have you been a photographer?
For me, I think the day that I bought my Canon 500D in Japan, everything changed, mainly my vision of this art.
5. Did you have any formal training in photography?
I learned by myself and I’m still learning, I didn’t have time for training. I took my camera and tried all the settings, taking a thousands and thousands of pictures before understanding how it really works. Now, I’m spending hours on the net, checking all the new techniques and so on.
6. How would you describe your photography style?
I like creativity, so I try to take strange and different pictures from a basic place or person.
7. What type of cameras do you shoot with?
Now I have a Canon 5D Mark II and a G Pro for my videos !
8. What gives you ideas and inspires you to create such amazing imagery?
First of all, Music is my biggest inspiration. I just need to listen to some songs and decide to take this or that kind of picture.
Then, there is Life in general, Love, Pain, War… All these feelings inspire me and each photo that I take.
9. Are you a MAC or a PC lover when it comes to editing your pictures ?
I think that Apple can be thankfull, I’ve been buying their products since the very begining.
10. Not only you can take pictures and make videos but you’re also a really good writer. Can you tell us how you got into writing?
Writing was my first hobby. When I was 18, I wrote a book of 100 pages that I sill have. When photography came, I decided to join both my passions together.
11. I know you love traveling and exploring other countries. So, which countries have you traveled to? And which one was your favorite so far ?
I Had the chance to travel to a lot of countries from America to Asia and it’s really hard to choose one. But I would say that I’m in love with Japan and Thailand.
12. I am personally a HUGE fan of ‘In Search of Morocco’. Can you talk us through the process of shooting such an adventure ?
Well, it started 6 months ago, I was in Morocco traveling in the South and I was like : People should see and discover the beauty of my country…
2 Months later, the adventure started. It’s really hard because you need to shoot for hours before to get a good Rush and the editing process takes days…
I always need to have all my lenses with me, both my cameras and tripod, filters, mac.. So it’s not that easy, but I’m loving it.
13. If you could live anywhere on this planet where would you live?
New Zeland or Island !
14. Abderrahman kept on asking every person we saw in ‘In Search of Morocco : Sahara’ this question : ‘Do you love Morocco ? What do you like the most about it ?’ So, what would possibly be YOUR answer ?
« In Search of Morocco » is going to give you the answer on the final episode, I can’t spoil it 😀 Wait & see…
15. What’s on your iPod / bookshelf / DVD player at the moment?
On my Ipod you will find : The new beirut album, and a lot of new Electro bands « Beachesbeaches, Timber Timbre, Abel, Star Sling ». I’m reading the amazing story of « Cien años de soledad ». And the movie that I’ve watched lately is « Planet of the Apes ».
16. Which five words would your friends use to describe you?
Crazy, lazy, lover, adventurer, dreamer.
17. What was the best piece of advice you have been given and who gave it to you ?
« What we do when we win : Party, what we do when we loose : Party harder » by House MD
18. What can we expect next from Ali Berrada ?
A lot of new things are coming… I can’t say much but I’m working on a new documentary, a future exhibition and something related to writing…
19. Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
Lost on the top of a mountain taking photos of a sunrise ! Definitely.
20. What would you say to other enthusiast photographers out there who aspire to what you’ve achieved?
The most important thing in photography is to always progress, never say « Hey, I’m a God in this » and never give up if you are really passionate…
Ali, thank you so much for this wonderful interview. I wish you all the best in whatever is coming ahead and I cant wait to see what you’re going to come up with next…
If you want to check more on Ali Berrada’s work, make sure you:
– Like his facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AliBerradapage?ref=ts
– Follow him on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/aliberrada
– Take a look at his Website: http://aliberrada.com/
– Watch more videos on his Vimeo Channel: http://vimeo.com/aliberrada
© Tous droits réservés