During long and hot summer days, it may be required to pay more attention to your health and to ensure adequate nutrition and continued good health, follow these tips:
- During the hottest part of the day, stay in cool areas.
- During the early evening (after maghrib), have a healthy and balanced dinner. Do not overeat.
- Serve your family and guests a "dessert" of fresh fruit and nuts. There are lovely choices available in this season.
- Eat Suhoorjust prior to dawn. Yes, it’s hard to get up at that hour, which is why it has many benefits and rewards.
- Sip on water throughout the evening. Aim for 8 glasses by bedtime.
- During the evening hours, resist the temptation to drink too much tea, coffee, and soda.
- Light exercise, such as walking for 15-20 minutes, is best done in the evening hours.
- Avoid fried and spicy foods as they may cause heartburn or indigestion.
- Brush your teeth several times a day.
- Organize your schedule so that you get enough sleep.
In this blessed month of Ramadan, we have now come to The Grand Finale which is a description I’ve read on a website a few days ago and I really liked.
And being the organisation freak I always am, I’ve made a checklist of things I’d like to accomplish or continue doing before the end of these 10 days and, of course, I had to share it with you guys. So I hope you’ll like it.
Here it goes:
1/ Have Ftour with the family and friends :
Go have Ftour with your cousins, grand parents, aunts, uncles and friends you faven’t seen for while and spend some quality time together.
2/ Donate :
Whenever you can, you’ll be doing a favor to yourself and to others and you know it.
So, donate to the mosque, associations and people who are in need .